Harry Lime's Erotica Corner

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blog Entry of 12/26/11

Patterns of Geographic settings in stories.

Over the course of my short writing career (about 10 months) I have choosen for some unknown subconscious reason various locales for the stories. Some have been in Asia. A number of my early stories have been in the Balkans and Italy. I have a whole genre of stories that seem to focus on Britain as a preferred locale. A number of my recent stories have returned to locales in the USA and have been in Las Vegas, New York, Washington DC and New Orleans. Strangely, I have been writing stories situated in France lately and I have no idea why. Most of my experiences in France were somewhat negative with the possible exception of Nice and the Riviera. I think it was because my French was stilted and mispronounced with Teutonic and Slavic accents not like a proper American. I once was accused of being a Ukranian Jew by a policeman trying to ruffle my feathers. My recent series of "Sal The Super, The Nookie King of the Bronx" returns me to my roots. I will cease to attempt to discover logic in story locales and just go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment